The energy sector in the form of fuel oil (BBM) is an element that is very needed and cannot be separated from activities both in everyday society, as well as industrial activities as a driving force for sustainable development. The existence of local government policies supported by the central government to make South Sumatra a National Energy Granary, especially petroleum and gas in addition to coal. The implementation of the South Sumatra government program certainly needs to involve the role of various parties, not only from the regional government but also the participation of practitioners and academics.
The Oil and Gas Processing Engineering study program as an example of a study program in the Palembang Akamigas Polytechnic which was established based on Minister of National Education Decree No: 224 / D / O / 2006 is an education organization that serves to print and prepare experts, skilled and specific to the interests of the petroleum industry with the provision of knowledge prepared to face the challenges of technological development. In an effort to meet skilled and professional human resources in the field of oil and gas processing. The Oil and Gas Engineering Study program holds a diploma education program without a six semester study period.
“Become a vocational study program which is superior and competitive in the field of Oil and Gas Processing at the ASEAN level in 2020.”
- Producing technical experts who are certified and able to compete in the field of Oil and Gas Processing, fear the Almighty God, are disciplined and have integrity.
- Developing applied research in the field of oil and gas processing that is coordinated with the Pressure Relieve Device system and the utilization of new renewable energy for the benefit of the wider community.
- Providing contributions and productive activities for improving the quality of life of people who are environmentally friendly.
- Increasing the quality and professionalism of management of study programs in implementing a quality assurance system.
Purpose and Function
- Producing certified technical intermediate experts who are educated and trained and have the provision of independence to apply science and technology in the field of work that is in accordance with the main competencies and support of graduates who are also cautious, disciplined and have integrity.
- Increasing the creativity and innovation of lecturers and students in exploring and developing applied research in the field of oil and gas processing which is coordinated with the Pressure Relieve Device system as well as new forms of renewable energy, and environmental management around the industry and energy utilization in accordance with scientific concepts in the oil and gas field.
- Improving the ability to do and be positive about lecturers and students in conveying information and technology to implement science and technology wisely and wisely for the oil and gas industry and related communities.
- Collaborating with the government and stakeholders related to optimizing the potential of oil and gas, as well as improving the quality and professionalism of managers of Oil and Gas Processing Engineering study programs.
- Organizing, fostering and developing Diploma III education in an effort to produce HR in the field of Oil and Gas Processing Engineering.
- Organizing, fostering and developing research to produce empirical knowledge, theories, concepts, methodologies, models, or new information that enriches science and technology.
- Organizing, fostering and developing services that benefit the community.
Organization Structure and Personel
Head of Study Program: Ahmad Faisal F., S.T., Me.Eng.
Secretary of Study Program: Anggi Wahyuningsi, S.T., M.T
Permanent Lecturer: 1. Ir. H. Abdul Hamid
- Aliyah Shahab, S.T., M.T
- Sri Ardhyani, S.T.
- Sri Hartati, S.E., M.Sc.
- Reni Anggraini, S.T., M.T
- Agusdin, S.T., M.T.
- Sulton Amna, S.T., M.T
- Indah Agus Setiorini, S.T., M.T
Administration Staff : Ria Anggun Sari, A.Md
Competence of graduates
After completing this education program, graduates are expected to have the ability and skills, including: field technicians in the oil plant, field technicians in the gas plant, field technicians in the LPG plant, field technicians at the LNG plant and field technicians in the refinery unit.